Our policies are designed to serve the best interest of our customers. Please note that these policies are here to serve you and the well being of the services we provide you.
Dogbark.com will not sell, distribute, reveal, or otherwise make available any customer information to 3rd party companies.
If for any reason you are unhappy with the services you receive from DogBark.com during the first 30 days of service, you may request in writing via email that your services be discontinued at which time your will receive a full refund.
All payments will be charged to an approved credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express). Renewal notices are sent via email 60, 45, 30, 15 and 0 days before the renewal date of annual accounts. Accounts 7 days past due will be disabled after an attempt to notify you via phone has been made. Accounts 15 days past due will be terminated. Inactive accounts are subject to deletion. We only accept credit cards or debit cards for payment of services. Quarterly plans renew automatically and are charged to the preferred credit card or debit card on file. In the event that your quarterly charge is denied then the aforementioned renewal terms shall apply. Please address any questions regarding payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our service plans are designed to accommodate the majority of usage scenarios given the needs of our customers. However, your usage may vary and require additional allocations, specifically in the areas of storage and traffic.
Should you wish to discontinue service with DogBark.com, you must email instructions to do so at least 1 business day prior to the end of service agreement. Failure to do so may result in unnecessary charges to your account. There are no refunds for unused, prepaid hosting services after the initial 30 days of service.
If, for any reason, DogBark.com fails to deliver said services, a prorated refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued if (a.) you choose to terminate services before the end of any prepaid periods, or (b.) abuse of our stated policies forces DogBark.com to terminate your services prematurely.
Dogbark.com believes in freedom of speech; however, any content (written, visual, or implied) in the following areas will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate termination of service: racism or prejudice due to color, creed, or belief; a prurient, pornographic or sexual nature; profanity or obscene language; any content not suitable for minors. We prefer that you self-govern your content. However, if DogBark.com is made aware of any questionable content on a DogBark.com-hosted site, we will address the concerns directly with you and seek an amiable resolution.
Opt-in Email Marketing
If you choose to engage in marketing your site and/or services via email please heed the following. The only permitted form of email marketing is that in which the list is "opt-in". By definition, opt-in is where people provide you with their email address specifically requesting to be on your email list for information about your site and/or service. Note: The purchase of an opt-in email list does not guarantee the legitimacy of such a list. Please contact us before taking any steps.
UCE, UBE, Spam
DogBark.com has a zero tolerance policy regarding Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) and Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE) aka "spam". Spam is the act of sending unsolicited email. You will be cited with UCE/UBE abuse if you send any email to persons who have not specifically asked to receive email from you. The sending origin of such email is irrelevant. If your DogBark.com-hosted site is referenced in any way within such an email, then you will be cited for UCE/UBE. Upon confirmation of abuse, any DogBark.com customer engaging in this practice will have their service terminated immediately without refund.
Confused about what "spam" really is? For more information please check out our Spam Overview. If you are unsure if what you are doing is spam please contact us and we'll be happy to explain the policy to you.
Resource Usage & Proper Use
Our services are designed to be used only for website hosting and email hosting. Our services may not be used to store, backup or archive your files.
To protect our servers and ensure that we can continue to provide reliable services, the following technical limits are imposed:
Processes (whether they are called via the web server, cron or shell):
- Shall not allocate more than 32MB of RAM
- Shall not consume greater than 15 seconds of CPU time
- Shall not open more than 64 files
- Shall not create core dumps
- Shall not exceed more than 5 simultaneous processes
- Shall not execute a fork bomb
- Shall not listen or bind to any network port
- Shall not run in the background
- Accounts shall not exceed a total of 70,000 inodes (every file on your account uses one inode)
- Each directory shall contain no more than 2,000 immediate sub files or folders
- No more than 40 simultaneous connections to your website.
- No more than 20 simultaneous connections to your website form a single IP address.
- Attachments are limited to 20MB
- Emails should not be sent to more than 25 recipients at any given time
- There is a limit of 60 connections per hour per POP account
- There is a limit of 250 outgoing emails per hour per account
- POP/IMAP accounts not accessed for 120 days will be suspended (you will be notified first). Accounts not accessed for 180 days will be removed (you will be notified first)
- POP/IMAP accounts are limited to 1,000MB each
- Messages in the Trash or Spam folder of any IMAP accounts will be cleared after 14 days
- All mailing lists must be throttled with a space of atleast 5 seconds between each message.
- Email lists are limited to 1,000 recipients. If you require a mailing list solution for a greater number of recipients we recommend Emma
- Shall not have more than 10 concurrent MySQL connections
- Shall not exceed 1GB in size (per database)
- Shall be limited to 3,000 queries per hour
- Must be used only by website hosted at DogBark
- Cron jubs should not execute more frequently than every 15 minutes.
Prohibited Content & Services
Prohibited content & services include, but are not limited to:
- All interactive real-time web chat applications are strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, any chat programs written in PHP, Perl, CGI as well as IRC bots.
- SEO farms, banner rotation services and link exchange services
- Offering document storage
- Offering free hosting and email services
- Running web spiders or crawlers
- Proxy services and anonymizers
- Bit torrent trackers, bit torrent programs or any other related file sharing activities
- Running game services
DogBark.com takes extreme steps to maintain system integrity. However, DogBark.com shall not be held responsible for loss of data due to any cause. To ensure the highest level of data protection, DogBark.com recommends that ALL information be backed up on your own computer. All DogBark.com data backups are designed against hardware failure, not customer user error. DogBark.com will not be responsible for any data loss or damages resulting from lost data.
DogBark.com makes no endorsement, claims, or promises regarding the services offered by our customers and will not be held liable for any disputes or claims against said customers. In no event shall DogBark.com be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special and exemplary damages, or any damages whatsoever, arising from the use or performance of this web site or from any information, services or products provided through this web site.
If you have any questions regarding our policies, please let us know. We're happy to be of service to you.
- Robert Sacha
- New York, NY
- since May 2002
- Susan Greathead
- Roswell, GA
- since June 2002
- Ethan Russell
- San Anselmo, CA
- since August 2007
- Beth Brau
- Gloucester, MA
- since February 2004